A storm is coming
January 28, 2013
Posted by on
You think you’ve seen fast food? You think you’ve found a way to eat well? You think your principles are so solid and grit so great it can’t be broken? Think again.
In the last 100 years…
- Twinkies, oreo cookies, dairy milk, snickers bars, horlicks, bournvita, coca-cola, sprite and a million other foods that are purely meant to satisfy the tongue were invented.
- Butter, ghee, eggs, meat, white rice and vegetables went out of fashion.
- Junk food giants like McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Denny’s, Pizza Hut and a hundred others took over from moms across the world.
- Breakfast was permanently changed to sweetened nutritionally empty cereal and fatless flavorless white liquid from eggs, meat, vegetables and fruits.
- Food, in all it’s glory, had to be referred to as Real Food.
- And very recently, the internet came into existence and we now live in a virtual world which tickles sensory receptors enough for one to justify his/her craving for comfort food on a random Tuesday afternoon.
- Compared to the last 1 million years, the past century has seen an astronomical spike in junk food consumption and there is no plateau predicted in the near future.
Now with all this already existing and with technology making anything and everything available right here and right now and with service becoming so efficient ice creams are being delivered across continents, you still think you’re safe?
A storm is coming! Stay home.