1. It doesn’t matter how you spin it – if you want to remove sugar from your diet, you need to remove everything sweet from your diet.
2. Fat loss = 60% nutrition + 20% exercise + 20% sleep & stress. That equation = 100% made up, but you get the idea.
3. Women don’t get bulky from weight training and supplementing with whey. If it were that easy, most guys today will look like Arnold.
4. Bodybuilding is not always the answer. Fitness is.
5. No you don’t need tricep extensions.
6. Yes you need mobility work.
7. Not everyone needs to eat low carb or low fat. But everyone absolutely needs to eat real food. Real food for humans is like diesel for a diesel engine.
8. Not everyone needs to run marathons or deadlift 2 x BW, but everyone absolutely needs to stay active. So shut up and start doing something already.
9. Theres sugar, brown sugar, honey, jaggery, maple syrup etc etc. But what is the best sugar for diabetics? No sugar. And I’m hoping thats not a new brand.
10. No food is of any nutritional significance if quality sucks. Such is the case with dairy and meat and eggs and vegetables and everything else that is edible.
11. Yoga is awesome. But so it strength training and running and MMA and rock climbing and surfing and swimming. So what is the awesomest? Realizing nothing is is what is awesomest.
12. Its not the teaspoon of sugar in your coffee thats messing you up. It is the healthy snack time biscuits, heart healthy breakfast cereals, health food drinks, all natural fruit juices and sugar-free indulgences that are.
13. Fruit is great. Convenient, slightly nutritious and sweet… like nature’s candy. And thats exactly what it is… nature’s candy.
14. More important than when you workout is that you workout. Stop with the excuses and find a way to stay active.
15. Meat is murder. So is agriculture. Anything and everything you do to ensure you don’t kill, is just your way of convincing yourself that you are doing the right thing. Kind of like giving money to a beggar. Once you realize that for you to live something has to die, you’ll live a guilty and guilt-free life. You’ll understand when you get there.
16. Low intensity cardio, medium intensity cardio, high intensity cardio – they all suck. Save your time and focus on full body moves that improve performance.
17. And NO, you don’t have to be an athlete to worry about performance. Performance is everything from waking up ache free to living without medication to being able to play with your kids to performing sufficiently in the bedroom to being able to tackle whatever life throws at you.
18. Size 0 for women is like 6 pack abs for skinny men – ridiculous, functionless and dangerous. Strong > skinny. Get your mind right.
19. I moved from low volume heavy lifting to high volume bodyweight focussed training. I feel awesome! In fact, I haven’t felt this good since when I moved from high volume bodyweight focussed training to low volume heavy lifting.
20. If you’ve been reading this blog for even a month and haven’t made the basic changes even, you’ve got to be either stupid or full of excuses.
21. And of course, George Carlin is a genius.