3-Week Bodyweight Badassery

If you think I’m just chilling eating my south Indian vegetarian diet downing 6+ country eggs and few liters of raw dairy everyday, you’re wrong! I’m also not complaining about the heat-humidity combo and impatiently waiting for Septemper 19th when I can make poor BootCamp members suffer! Oh! I’m also designing and destroying workouts and… loving every second of living the dream!

That said, I’m also going to give you what I promised – The equipment less training routine

My training in the next few months will be split into 3-6 week mesocycles in an effort to hit some body comp and performance goals. The first mesocycle is designed to be 3 weeks long. It will start tomorrow, the 8th of August, and end on the 29th of August which is just in time for my big (shirtless) day. I will outline my training in this post and will publish daily workouts on my Facebook page.

Workout Outline:

Everyday: Farmers walk, short run, mobility work

Monday: Upper body push and pull, core work

Tuesday: Lower body speed work (sprints), handstand pushups, sandbag work

Wednesday: Extended mobility, L-chinups, rotational stability work, agility training

Thursday: One arm push and pull, zero negative explosive push and pull, slow push and pull

Friday: One legged lower body strength work (pistols), weighted squat jumps, handstand pushups, 5-10 min conditioning workout

Saturday: Extended mobility, box jumps, single leg pull off the ground

Sunday: Sun salutations

If you aren’t a member of my Facebook page, join now and share your thoughts ‘cos there is just way too much you can learn from me and I can learn from you!

See ya there.

Peace.

10 responses to “3-Week Bodyweight Badassery

1. Lavanya August 7, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Will you also be posting variations of the routines for beginners, intermediate and advanced levels?

• RG August 8, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Lavanya – Most of the exercises I do are those that can be done by folks of all fitness levels. For example, if I say pushups a under-fit person can do wall pushups and an uber-fit person can do elevated clapping pushups. Know what I mean? If there are any exercises you arent able to scale, say so in the page and we’ll figure it out for ya.

2. swarna mani August 7, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Goodluck Raj! Will follow your FB 🙂

3. bee August 8, 2011 at 9:19 am

do you like hindu push-ups? i love me some dynamic stretching plus strength work rolled into one. if you took your kettlebells with you, use them. keep two 26 pounders on their sides and put your hands on them to get about 4 inches height to do the hindu push-ups. beats the $90 buck little stool-like thing they sell for that purpose. a 4×4 piece of wood works too.

i find that hindu pushups are the best martial arts warmup, plus post exercise stretch ‘cos you stretch your entire posterior chain and loosen your back.

i’m getting there with the pistols. those are the hardest things i’ve tried.

• bee August 8, 2011 at 9:19 am

sorry, didn’t mean to hog your comments form with the video. i posted the url and it shows the whole video.

• RG August 8, 2011 at 12:24 pm

love Hindu pushups. Used to do plenty of em before. Trying to get back on.

Pistols – Hard yes but absolutely awesome when you cant back/front squat.

4. lakshmi August 8, 2011 at 10:09 am

Where do you source the country eggs from? I haven’t seen these on shelves for a long time.

5. lakshmi August 8, 2011 at 10:12 am

To qualify previous comment, I live on the outskirts of Chennai and am looking to source what I eat better.

6. Kusum Rohra August 11, 2011 at 1:54 am

Er this all is literally french to me Raj 😦 and quite frankly I did slip into coma reading short run everyday! * sobs gently *