Take a break…
You know how you crave the weekend when you’ve had a hard week at work? This is because you need a break. A break from mental stress that is associated with work. A break from the weekday routine of waking at a certain hour and sleeping at a certain hour. A break from looking at the same faces at work. A break from being ‘responsible’ for something. A break from swallowing lunch in 10 mins. A break from traffic. A break from fatigue!
You know what else needs a break?
Seriously… I’m not joking here. Irrespective of what you’ve been doing all week, one thing has been constant – Your ass has been glued on to something!
- You wake up from laying on your bed.
- You sit down to eat breakfast.
- You drive to work sitting down.
- You reach work and sit down on your chair at your desk.
- You have meetings to sit in.
- Around noon, you walk/drive to the place where you eat and sit down to eat.
- Back to sitting at your desk.
- You drive back home sitting down.
- You sit on the couch and watch TV or talk or whatever else you do.
- Cook dinner real quick and sit down to chow.
- Hang out with the family in the living room where you again sit on a couch or something.
- Get to bed and lay your ass on your bed for 7-9 straight hours.
- Wake up… and it continues!
See what I mean? Give your ass a damn break this weekend!
- Take a relaxing long hike.
- Play with your kids or pets.
- Meet friends for a game of ultimate (or volley ball or tennis…)
- Go to a club and dance till you drop.
- Do mobility work.
- Go for a yoga class.
- Work on your balance.
- Find a friend you want to catch up with and have a walking-chat.
- If you don’t have friends or kids or pets… just stand and watch TV maybe?
I can go on and on, but you get the idea…
The thing is – its a damn weekend folks!! Be excited! Take a break from the usual nonsense… do something different!
Get off the chair/couch/bed/car seat and use those legs! Your spine will thank you. Me? I’ll be doing everything on that list… except the dancing of course.