Walking The Talk – Update
April 1, 2011
Posted by on
- I am into “fitness” and my goal is to get as strong and fast as possible while staying healthy and lean.
- I’m not into bodybuilding and hence care more about my strength and endurance than my bicep measurement.
- You can see my other updates here, here, and here.
Why do I post updates?
Well, because I want my readers and clients to know I don’t just sit there and say stuff. I’m not one of those internet fitness experts who use the picture they clicked in 1987! I believe in what I recommend. I practice what I preach. I walk the talk!
Anyways, the last time I gave you guys an update was in December, so I figured it is time for one. So, here ya go…
- 90% real food with some cheats here and there.
- Very laid back. Ate out as much as I cooked at home.
- 2-3 meals a day. Intermittent fasting (Leangains) on most days.
- Protein sources: Meat, eggs, whey (~ 150-175 gm protein per day).
- Carb sources: Sweet potato, white rice, other veggies.
- Fat sources: Avocado, butter, coconut, dairy
- Click here for more specifics on my nutrition.
- Full body strength training 3 days a week.
- Sprint once a week.
- Ab work: Maybe 1 set of 8-10 hanging leg raises per week.
- Off days: Walking (~45-60 min), mobility work, handstands, pistols etc.
- Click here to see what my training looks like.
- Back Squat 5RM went up 25 lb.
- Front Squat 5RM went up 15 lb.
- Deadlift 5RM went up 15 lb.
- Dumbbell Press 8RM Went up 10 lb.
- Bodyweight Chin-ups went up by 4 reps.
- Weighted Chin-up 5RM went up 5 lb.
- Bodyweight went down 4 lbs in 12 weeks.
- Recent picture below…