What can a trainer do for you?
March 28, 2011
Posted by on
As far as I’m concerned health is paramount and health can never improve without a good diet. It is for this reason that I emphasize solid nutrition even prior to exercise if your goal is good health. As a matter of fact I have clients who workout just twice a week for 15 min a day, while they focus purely on correcting their nutrition. In my honest opinion, every fitness trainer should invest the time to learn about legit nutrition if he/she cares about his/her client’s health and long term well-being. So for the remainder of this post when I say trainer, I’m referring to one who is well acquainted with the latest research in exercise physiology AND nutrition.
That said, it’s sad… really sad… that trainers (especially in developing countries like India) are not given much respect. So much so that no one really “aspires” to be a trainer. It’s almost considered a menial profession that only folks who have “no other outs” get in to. Don’t get me wrong. You throw peanuts you get only monkeys. For the amount of money the gyms actually pay trainers, no one will really dream about being a trainer. On the other hand though, most trainers have little to no qualifications or knowledge to actually be respected and/or paid handsomely. Very very few trainers are actually informed enough to help their clients. So hey, if you’ve got only monkeys you can only throw peanuts right? A classic chicken and egg situation.
Getting to the point
But let’s assume you found a legit trainer. Someone who…
- is super passionate about fitness,
- genuinely wants to help people,
- doesn’t look at clients as walking dollar bills,
- is very familiar with exercise physiology,
- is well versed in human anatomy,
- is aware of what good nutrition is,
- doesn’t prescribe a one size fits all exercise and nutrition approach,
- and doesn’t buy into fads like 300 workouts or low whatever diets.
What can such a trainer do for you?
Without any exaggeration, he/she can…
- instantly make your inflamed joints feel better
- make you look awesome
- teach you a thing or two about hard work
- fix your mobility issues
- motivate you to an extent that you change your life around
- help you with nutrient deficiencies
- help you fight, prevent and maybe even cure autoimmune diseases via good nutrition
- teach you the right way to stand, sit, walk, run and move
- make you stronger than you ever imagined
- make you healthier than your doctor can
- save you tens of thousands of bucks (which you will have spent on healthcare if not for him/her)
- work with you to help you excel in your sport/event
- ensure you’re not scammed by helping you differentiate between BS and legit info
- help you sleep better
- make your sex life much better
- make that pot belly of yours disappear
- help you find food allergies you had no idea about
- fix that lower back pain you are suffering with
- help you achieve physical feats you never thought possible
- literally add 10+ years to you life
- make you the dad who kids love to play with
- help you win that tennis match with your 20 yr old
- tell you what real food is
- make you feel years younger in a matter of weeks
Or in other words… a legit trainer can improve the quality of your life like you can never imagine.
Where can you find such trainers?
Though such trainers are not easy to find, I am sure they exist in every city. Invest some time researching and finding such folks instead of signing up with any guy who looks big and jacked. Be sure you work with good trainer ‘cos, realize, you are literally trusting your life with this person. He/she is getting a chance to make a huge difference in your life and he/she better be worth it!
If you don’t find any good trainers in your city, here are some awesome folks whose work I follow regularly and strongly recommend for you to work with (IF they have openings).
(Note: If you want to work with me, I am in the process of doing some consultation for charity. So expect a wait-time.)
So stop kidding yourself about your health and go get yourself an awesome trainer! It will be the best money you ever spent.
And remember… always respect the legit trainers and don’t hesitate to fire the worthless idiots!
– Peace out.