Picture from http://www.relationalliving.org
I had my 28th birthday last week and while I enjoyed my awesome flan and exquisite huge wholesome meals, I realize that there are way too many children, women and men in this world who can’t afford a single square meal. In an effort to do my part to help them, I plan on doing some personal consultation where 100% of the proceeds go directly to a charity.
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you probably remember that I did consultation for charity in December and, thanks to the donors (clients), the total donation towards various charities ended up at ~ $1,200.00. This might sound like a modest amount, but realize that this is a HUGE sum of money post currency conversion… a sum so huge it is enough to feed an entire village. (FYI – USD 1,200 = Rs. 60,000 = 98,000 Japanese yen = 8000 Chinese yuan)
Here are the details for this time.
- I will take in 6 clients (and no more) this week (28th March to 3rd April) for personal consultation.
- From your (the client’s) standpoint everything will be the same. You and I will communicate, you will fill out a client fitness assessment questionnaire, you will receive a completely customized workout and/or nutrition plan (per your requirement) and then we’ll work together to help you reach your goals.
- The only difference – you will not be paying me my consultation fee. You will be paying my fee to a charity instead. Since I do this every once in a while, I can help you direct your funds to a cause or you can choose to make the donation to a charity of your choice and send me a confirmation. Either ways the money goes directly from you to the charitable organization.
- The fee doesn’t change. The terms don’t change. The quality of programming doesn’t change (not one bit). The consultation period doesn’t change. Only, the payment will be directed to charity.
What do you get out of this?
- A personalized nutrition and workout program which will help you reach your fitness goals.
- A chance to help someone in need (donations are to be made by you in your name).
- Tax benefits (donations are tax deductible).
What do I get out of this?
- A chance to work with you.
- A chance to help someone in need.
Does anyone else get anything out of this?
Well of course! Depending on who your charity is directed towards you could be helping autistic kids become a part of the society or you could be feeding hungry 3 yr olds or you could be helping with cancer research or you could even send underprivileged kids to school.
If you are interested, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Consultation request: Charity” in the subject line. If you’re not interested but think some of your contacts will be, please share this post in your blog or facebook or twitter accounts.
I think you will all agree with me when I say there is more suffering than there needs to be and every single one of us can make a difference if we wanted to.
Thank you for reading and for being a part of this.
Update: All slots are filled up for this. However, if you are interested in consulting with me, send me an email and I’ll put you on the wait list.