5min Breakfast Recipe
March 27, 2011
Posted by on
- 2 eggs [cage free recommended]
- Handful of chopped frozen or fresh peppers and/or other vegetables
- Organic pasta sauce
- About 1 oz of Mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper, spices
- Crack the eggs in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add peppers (and/or other vegetables)
- Add salt, pepper and spices
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 min.
- Remove lid, add cheese and top with pasta sauce.
- Get a picture.
- Total calories ~ 250
- Protein ~ 19 gm
- Fat ~ 16 gm
- Carbs negligible
- Micronutrients: PLENTY from egg yolks and peppers (and/or other vegetables)
- Not enough fat? Top with some coconut oil/butter/olive oil and/or add in a couple of eggs.
- Want more protein? Add meat to the mix or add a couple more eggs and some egg whites.
- Crave sweet? Have a piece of fruit on the side.
- Crappy photo? Yea so? The 5min included the photography.
- My 5min breakfast was made of the following – eggs, peppers, cheese, tomato, onions, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and nothing more!
- What was your breakfast made of? Do me a favor – look behind the box of your heart healthy cereal/oats/bread, jam, juice, bar etc and tell me what ingredients you see.
It’s too easy to eat right folks. One meal at a time… let’s go back to eating real food! From my side, I’ll try to post more such easy, healthy and delicious recipes moving forward… if, from your side, you will email me recipes that you come up with! What say? Do we have a deal?