5min Breakfast Recipe

Ingredients:

• 2 eggs [cage free recommended]
  • Handful of chopped frozen or fresh peppers and/or other vegetables
  • Organic pasta sauce
  • About 1 oz of Mozzarella cheese
  • Salt, pepper, spices

Procedure:

• Crack the eggs in a microwave safe bowl.
  • Add peppers (and/or other vegetables)
  • Add salt, pepper and spices
  • Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 min.
  • Remove lid, add cheese and top with pasta sauce.
  • Get a picture.

Nutrition:

• Total calories ~ 250
  • Protein ~ 19 gm
  • Fat ~ 16 gm
  • Carbs negligible
  • Micronutrients: PLENTY from egg yolks and peppers (and/or other vegetables)

Say what?

• Not enough fat? Top with some coconut oil/butter/olive oil and/or add in a couple of eggs.
  • Want more protein? Add meat to the mix or add a couple more eggs and some egg whites.
  • Crave sweet? Have a piece of fruit on the side.
  • Crappy photo? Yea so? The 5min included the photography.

Some Perspective:

• My 5min breakfast was made of the following – eggs, peppers, cheese, tomato, onions, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and nothing more!
  • What was your breakfast made of? Do me a favor – look behind the box of your heart healthy cereal/oats/bread, jam, juice, bar etc and tell me what ingredients you see.

It’s too easy to eat right folks. One meal at a time… let’s go back to eating real food! From my side, I’ll try to post more such easy, healthy and delicious recipes moving forward… if, from your side, you will email me recipes that you come up with! What say? Do we have a deal?

Peace out!

20 responses to “5min Breakfast Recipe

1. Divya March 27, 2011 at 11:31 pm

That looks positively delicious!

2. Lavanya March 28, 2011 at 1:01 am

Am bored of the eggs now 😦

3. Victoria March 28, 2011 at 6:50 am

Not a fan of nuking eggs (it’s a texture thing) but it works in a pinch! Personally I’m a fan of salsa on omelets (or scramble) (though perhaps w/ a jalapeno jack or cheddar instead of motz). Yummo!

4. Madhavi March 28, 2011 at 7:54 am

My breakfast recipe :
    1.Beat 2 eggs with whole milk (organic) , add the lightly cooked baby argula ,chilliflakes , cook the whole mixture in ghee for a healthy omelette.Indeed a 5 mins recipe.

5. Mamatha March 28, 2011 at 10:02 am

My b/f today: 3 eggs cooked with leftover fajita + frozen green beans + peas and 2 strips of bacon.

6. revathi March 28, 2011 at 11:00 am

add one avacado, jalopeno, cilantro, tomato and one julienned daikon to coleslaw mix. add limejuice and salt. makes great breakfast

7. Mahesh March 28, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Awesome Raj, tried it this morning. I added slices of avocado, sun-dried tomatoes and some nuts to this.

8. NA March 28, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I was at a party yesterday where everybody was discussing organic, local and sustainable farming/agriculture. Although everybody agreed that this was the right thing to do(and eat!), there were some disagreements when it came to microwaving food. I tried to look up articles online to see if microwaving food is bad but I only come across hokey sites that claim it is bad. Do you know of any good reserach that has been done on this and if it really destroys the nutrients in food?

• RG March 28, 2011 at 9:54 pm

About a couple of yrs back, I spent a good chunk of time trying to find some info about microwaves and nutrient loss etc… ended up only with questionable data without research backing. Asked around (Robb, Mark etc.) and no one seemed to be worried.

The one thing I do know is that nuking/stir frying the egg yolk isnt recommended due to oxidized cholesterol. This is part of the reason I like my yolks intact.

9. Archana June 16, 2011 at 9:55 pm

My husband and I love this recipe, and we’ve been having this 5 days a week. it’s quick to make and eat!and keeps you fuller for longer.love to have more breakfast recipes like this …