February 11, 2011
Posted by on
So I’ve been missing for about a week or so doing a bunch of reading, working with clients, working on my own programming and tying up some loose ends on the diet front. While I haven’t had time to write well researched blog posts, here’s some stuff I’d like you to know…
- There is no one ideal diet. A high saturated fat low carb diet works for some while a moderate fat moderate carb diet works for some others. Like I always say, find what works for you.
- Fibrous vegetables are not really carbs. The fiber in them is fermented (digested) by bacteria (gut flora) in your gut lining and converted to short-chain fatty acids (saturated fat). So in all honestly, fibrous vegetables = fat. So eat a bunch of fibrous vegetables to feel satisfied when you’re on a fat loss diet. I’m a little guy with a big appetite and about 2-3 lbs per day is what works for me.
- Dr. Cordain’s recommendation to reduce saturated fat intake is very well justified. His argument that wild animals consumed during the paleolithic times had much lesser fat and saturated fat than farm raised (and free range) animals today is spot on.
- Browned paneer + anything = Awesome
- The challenge with one arm chinups is balance + strength. Try hanging off a bar using a one arm supinated grip. You will automatically rotate till your grip is pronated.
- Steamed/sauteed/broiled broccoli + whole milk yogurt + salt + pepper = Awesome
- The one arm dumbbell snatch is one of the most basic exercises you can do to develop power, explosiveness, core strength and strength.
- Soy sauce contains gluten. If you’re not celiac (or have any known gluten allergy) I wouldn’t worry about having some every once in a while. If you allergic to gluten though, tamari sauce is the way to go.
- Mobility work + SFMR is as effective as stretching/yoga as far as joint ROM is concerned.
- 1 year old Calvin can out-sprint me any time of the day.
- If I told you there is one exercise which is the best ever exercise for fat loss, that just means I’m trying to scam you and you need to call me out.
- Trying to please everyone is plain stupid. Pick your favorite kids/customers/clients and make ’em happy!