Success Story: Change is the only constant

Listen up. No one said this was easy. I told you this was simple and simple it is. If you want something, you’re going to have to work for it. Don’t expect to chill the crap out and get results. Be it your health or business or relationships. You’ve got to work to make it good. You’ve got to work harder to make it better. And you’ve got to work your butt off to make it awesome.

Every single person who has achieved anything respectable has worked bloody hard for it. Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay didn’t just randomly loiter around and find themselves on top of Mt. Everest. There was passion. There was dreaming. There was planning. There was years of hard work. There were many many sacrifices.

The same applies to you. If you want something… you’ve got to work for it! And work means consistency, sacrifice, learning, planning and… CHANGE!

You know what insanity is? It is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time. If you want to work with me, if you want to make a difference in the way you look/feel/perform… be ready to change things.

If you have been eating a grain dominant diet I will ask you to drop grains, if you have been eating a zero carb diet I’ll ask you add in carbs, if you’ve been doing too much cardio I’ll ask you to drop it down, if you’ve been doing no cardio I’ll ask you to move you butt.

You want results? You need to embrace change!

1. Result of  sitting on my ass all day and eating junk (August 2007)

2. Result of  running 40-50 miles/week and eating fat free  junk (Jan 2009)

3. Result of lifting 3 days a week and eating real food (Nov 2010)

You think I went from 1 to 2 to 3 without making changes to my diet/life? You think I wasn’t made fun off for ‘weird diets’? You think I just magically shrunk in size and gained muscle? You think this did not need sacrifices? You think I lose fat quickly? You think I gain muscle easily? You think I think I don’t have to make any more changes? Think again. ‘Cos this ain’t over. Change is continuous… health and fitness are for life!

Be open to continually changing ‘cos change is the only constant! If you want something you’ve never had, you’ve got to do something you’ve never done!

– Peace out.

21 responses to “Success Story: Change is the only constant

1. Soundarya February 4, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Awesome post:) Totally love the way u hv put it across. really relate to it. quite a few ppl told me ‘wish i cld also just lose off weight lk this or i am so jealous of the weight u hv dropped’!!! I hv stopped trying to explain myself or tell them what changes i have to make to get results. nothing comes easy or by sitting on ur ass and ur post tells that v effectively:)

2. Soundarya February 4, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Forgot to add a point a tamil proverb that came to my mind ‘nogaama nongu eduka mudiyathu’:) thats wat ur blog says ultimately:)

3. Mamatha February 4, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Truer words were never spoken.

4. Sadayappan February 4, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Inspiring !!!

5. Pramod February 8, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Hello Raj,

I was wondering if Teff (used for ethiopian flat bread – ingera) is paleo friendly? I was doing some research online but there are contradicting views. Some say, that the grain is very small so its fiber/starch ratio is high. Some even say that it doesn’t have any gluten. Reading your blog and trying to implement paleo into my brahmin diet, I was trying to see if there is any vegetarian alternative to wheat. I have become so dependent to grains that it is tough to think of what to cook and eat with veggies. 😐
    Since this is a grain, I was pretty sure it would probably give a similar chemical response in the gut. What are your thoughts on this?

• RG February 8, 2011 at 5:57 pm

same as any other grain. so yep… should have pretty much the same effect on your gut.

the goal here is to try NOT to be grain dominant. so substituting wheat with a different grain is basically not taking u anywhere.

6. Pingback: Todays Workout – Fitness, Personal Training & Self Defence on the Gold Coast

7. Pingback: Friday February 11, 2011 | CrossFit Quantum

8. Pingback: How To Look Awesome Naked: A Step-By-Step Guide « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

9. Pingback: How To Look Awesome Naked – Part 2 (The Beginner Version) « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

10. Pingback: The Exercises That Count – What The Top Minds Say « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

11. Pingback: Which diet do you recommend Raj? « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

12. Pingback: Did you know that you make a difference? « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

13. Pingback: (Re)Defining Fitness – The Fitness Recipe « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

14. Pingback: (Re)Defining Fitness – The Fitness Recipe « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

15. Pingback: It ain’t workin for ya! « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

16. Pingback: Can’t lose fat? Come on! You’re not that stupid! « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

17. Pingback: Can’t lose fat? Come on! You’re not that stupid! « Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.