Interview with Craig Ballantyne – Prep
September 19, 2010
Posted by on
You all know how much I write about eating clean and training smart for fat loss, health, longevity and strength. In an effort to further emphasize this and help my readers understand the benefits, I am interviewing one of the leading fitness experts in North America – Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, M.Sc.
For those of you who are not aware of Craig Ballantyne and his work. Here is a picture of Craig and some background.
- Craig Ballantyne is a Strength & Conditioning coach in Toronto, Canada. He also has an advanced research background and a Master’s of Science Degree in Exercise Physiology from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Craig is a workout routine and fat loss expert, and writes workout routines for Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines.
- He is creator of the Turbulence Training fat loss program.
- Craig has been designing workouts for top fitness magazines for over 9 years, and has helped thousands of men and women transform their bodies with his trademarked Turbulence Training workout programs in his famous Transformation Contests.
- Here is some evidence of Craig’s work – Turbulence Training Transformations (with client before/after pictures and essays) and his blog where he throws out some awesome information for free.
- Craig is not a fan of doing long boring ‘cardio’ to lose fat. He believes the best way to lose fat is by doing short intense workouts (45 mins or less) which include weight training and high intensity interval training.
- He preaches the importance of eating real foods to all his clients and readers.
- Though not a vegetarian, he eats a mostly vegetarian diet and is living proof that a diet based on vegetables, fruits and nuts can produce astounding results.
This is serious stuff folks. Craig’s an extremely busy guy but has graciously accepted to dedicate some time towards answering some of our questions. Respecting his busy schedule I have decided to ask him 10 and only 10 questions. I already have a few questions in mind that I am planning on asking him, but if you guys have any questions about fat loss, workouts, diet, cardio or fasting that you would like answered post them in the comments section or send them to me via email and I will choose the best/most relevant ten questions and send them across to Craig. Needless to say, this is an awesome opportunity to get your specific questions answered.
Why interview Craig Ballantyne?
- He has a great success rate with his clients.
- A lot of his nutrition advice lines up with my philosophy of eating real food.
- Like many of my readers, a major part of his food intake is vegetarian with little grains and almost no sugar except fruit.
- He is a proponent of strength training for fat loss. For men and women.
- His training revolves around the use of free weights and calisthenics 3 to 4 days a week with zero ‘cardio’.
- He is not an extremist and does not deem carbs or fats to be evil or divine.
- The dude is healthy and ripped!
The last day for receiving questions is Wednesday, 22nd September 2010.
I don’t know about you guys but advice from a guy who is shredded and has 9+ years of successfully transforming thousands of men and women? I’ll take a dozen For Here and a dozen To Go please.