Assuming you’re eating right and are active in general, here are some secrets to burn some extra calories! No more jibber jabber… here we go.
1. If you have a desk job stand up every 20-30min and walk around for like a min or two. That ass of yours need not be glued to the chair ya know!
2. Stand during meetings. As an added plus, slowly walking around to room with hands on forehead will make it seem like you’re deep in thought.
3. Park at the farthest parking spot and walk to your destination. If you’re destination is a Chinese buffet then park about 20 miles away from your destination.
4. Skip the elevator. Take the stairs. If possible several times a day.
5. Drink 1/2 a glass of water at a time and walk to the cooler more often. Drinking lots of water also keeps you walking between your chair and the restroom.
6. Skip the 3pm cookie break and go for a 10min walk in the sun. This will save you from a sugar induced coma and get you a quick dose of Vitamin D.
7. Take a quick stroll or shoot some hoops before lunch… and may be after lunch.
8. Get a little more hardcore and request a standing work station. You can just buy them assembled.
9. Be greedy for work! Be the one to take the trash out or to help out with someone’s bags. More work more burn!
10. Skip a meal every now and then. Don’t eat just because it’s time to eat. You’ll save a few calories and fasting is good for a multitude of reasons including longevity.
11. Eat more protein. Protein is super satiating and has a high thermic effect and will result in expending more calories during digestion compared to carbohydrates and fats.
12. Throw in a stick of gum right after your meal. This almost guarantees killing sugar cravings.
13. Eat spicy foods. Spicy foods have shown to increase body metabolism which results in more net calories burnt during the course of the day.
14. ‘Eat’ all your foods, avoid liquid foods. The more processed the food is the more readily it will be absorbed.
15. If possible, walk or bike to work.
16. Last but by no means the least, drop empty calories (grains and cereals) and fill up with nutritious and satiating vegetables, fruits, nuts and eggs.
Even doing 50% of these, in addition to your healthy eating and exercising, will make a world of difference in body composition and overall fitness.