Inspiration – Ernestine Shepherd
August 3, 2010
Posted by on
No exaggeration… this grandma will kick our lazy asses! At 74, Ernestine Shepherd is in better shape than most people who are literally decades younger than she is.
Some facts about her:
- She didn’t start exercising until she was 56.
- She wakes up at 3:00 A.M. every morning to run and lift weights.
- She runs 80 miles per week and does 5Ks in about 28 minutes.
- She’s finished EIGHT marathons.
- She bench presses 150 pounds . . . about 30 pounds more than her body weight.
- She’s been married for 53 years and has a 13-year-old granddaughter.
- She won a bodybuilding contest in 2008, beating many much younger women. According to a former Mr. Universe, Yohnnie Shambourger, quote, “She’s special because no one can have that kind of muscle at her age.”
- She doesn’t take any supplements because she doesn’t know what they’d do to her “old body.”
Here is a quick 90 sec video of her.
Now… you folks got any excuses?