Spicy Coconut Curry & Dark Chocolate (Tea)Cupcake
July 18, 2010
Posted by on
Spicy Coconut Curry (with Tofu)
Garlic – 2 to 3 cloves
Green Chili – 2 to 3 little ones
Ginger paste – 1/2 tbls
Red Bell Pepper – 1 big
Vegetable broth – 1/2 cup
Vegetables – 1 lbs (This one has mushrooms, red peppers and green onions)
Olive oil – 1/2-1 tbls
Coconut milk – 3/4 to 1 cup
Cayenne pepper – to taste
Soft Tofu – 8 oz (or any other protein you prefer)
Sea salt – to taste
1. Blend the following – garlic, green chili, ginger paste, red bell pepper, vegetable broth, salt (if required).
2. In a bowl lightly saute vegetables in olive oil (in low heat). Say ~ 3-5 mins
3. Add blended paste from step 1. Bring to boil.
4. Add coconut milk. Bring to boil.
5. Add tofu (or whatever protein you’d like). Simmer until you get to the consistency you desire.
6. Eat by itself or with cottage cheese on the side.
Calories ~ 700 calories; Protein ~ 30 gm; Fat ~ 50 gm; Carb ~ 30 gm
Finish off this awesome meal with some of this all protein dark chocolate goodness!
For the recipe check out… http://theoffsetspatula.wordpress.com/2010/07/18/and-were-back-on/
Slightly high in fat maybe… but how often do you get a dessert which has ~ 35 gm of protein and less than 5 gm of carbs!